Syria receive MiG-31

Cold war, Korea, Vietnam, and Desert Storm - up to and including for example the A-10, F-15, Mirage 200, MiG-29, and F-18.
Banned

by oldiaf » 03 Sep 2015, 11:08

borg wrote:The real purpose of these Mig-31 is to do Intercept mission over Russia and Kashakstan, which is exatcly where they will stay.

That News media, whom wrote the article is no better than Sputnik/Fox News etc, IMO they are full of crap.

The Mig-31 would be the worst Aircraft Syria could ever get at current time.

Anyway, the CEO of Rusoboro has stated there is no such deal, end of story.

No .. I think it would be a perfect choice to Syria if Turkey enforced a No-fly zone in the north

Banned

by oldiaf » 03 Sep 2015, 11:15

borg wrote:
tomcooper wrote:Syria didn't receive any MiG-31s. Russians are attempting to impress six of these upon regime in Damascus already since years, just like they've tried to sell them MiG-29s and Yak-130s.

The story is just another of many 'ducks' regarding Syria (including latest fantasy about deployment of Russian Air Force to that country).

The only 'new' aircraft Assad's air force received in recent years are 10 ex-Iraqi Su-22s donated by Iran. These were evacuated to Iran in 1991, then 'stored' for decades, and finally overhauled at Mehrabad, late the last year.

Dude.. that is not true eighter.

Iran got Russia(i think it was Russia, but it could be Polen or someone else..) to overhauld 4-5 Su-25 and handed them back to Iraq to aid them in the struggle against IS..

There are Iraq'ie members here whom could easily clarify this.

Sources mentioned 3 Su-25K and 4 Su-25UBK all former Iraqi AF Su-25 escaped to Iran in 1991 .. Media news also reported that Russia has delivered 5 second hand Su-25 from its inventory.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 03 Sep 2015, 12:24

6 Mig-31's would be problematic, nothing that couldn't be dealt with though given the number of F-15's, 16's and other coalition aircraft in the area. Also, I'd think Israel would have something to say about it. Bet they could neutralize that threat right quick..

100% agree it's here where the F-22 is needed, and if necessary show its stuff. Of course, this all presumes the Mig-31 delivery is real. Personally, I doubt it...

Banned

by oldiaf » 03 Sep 2015, 12:36

mixelflick wrote:6 Mig-31's would be problematic, nothing that couldn't be dealt with though given the number of F-15's, 16's and other coalition aircraft in the area. Also, I'd think Israel would have something to say about it. Bet they could neutralize that threat right quick..

100% agree it's here where the F-22 is needed, and if necessary show its stuff. Of course, this all presumes the Mig-31 delivery is real. Personally, I doubt it...

The Syrian are not stupid to engage American wareplanes whom they benefet from ... Its a message for Turkey

Banned

by borg » 03 Sep 2015, 15:59

oldiaf wrote:
borg wrote:The real purpose of these Mig-31 is to do Intercept mission over Russia and Kashakstan, which is exatcly where they will stay.

That News media, whom wrote the article is no better than Sputnik/Fox News etc, IMO they are full of crap.

The Mig-31 would be the worst Aircraft Syria could ever get at current time.

Anyway, the CEO of Rusoboro has stated there is no such deal, end of story.

No .. I think it would be a perfect choice to Syria if Turkey enforced a No-fly zone in the north

A few pointers why this will never happend..:

How long runway does the three largest(longest) Syrian AF bases have at present day? ;)

Operating the Mig-31, is very tricky. Russian pilots have stated the Mig-31 is very difficult to fly, take-off and land. It feels like a bomber in some respects.. its a heavy bird.

The sheer logistics.. veeery expensive the get new cockpit glass, MLG, and who's gonna overhaul the RD30-D6?

If you people can't see how wrong this is..

by tomcooper » 03 Sep 2015, 16:37

borg wrote:Dude.. that is not true eighter.

'Dude': you are mixing Su-25s (Sukhoi twenty-five) provided to IRAQ - partially by the IRGC (Iran) and partially by RUSSIA, in summer last year.

I'm talking about ex-IRAQI Su-22 (Sukhoi twenty-two) provided to SYRIA by IRAN, late last, and early this year.

That's two different pair of shoes - and your 'Iraqi members' here cannot clarify anything about this: even if they would be ex-IrAF people (like one of them claims to be, which he's obviously not), they would have no clue about what the IRGC (Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps of Iran) is doing with ex-IrAF Su-22 in SYRIA.
F-Arba-Ashara!! Yalla, yalla!!

Banned

by borg » 03 Sep 2015, 20:13

oh my mistake..

On a slightly different note, there are some rumour that of some Su-24 going to Libya or Iraq:

http://wizarden.livejournal.com/91169.html

The Su-24 in Camo Paint and no markings.

by tomcooper » 03 Sep 2015, 20:56

borg wrote:oh my mistake..

On a slightly different note, there are some rumour that of some Su-24 going to Libya or Iraq:

http://wizarden.livejournal.com/91169.html

The Su-24 in Camo Paint and no markings.

That was overhaul of Syrian Su-24MKs to Su-24M2 standard, back in 2010-2012.
F-Arba-Ashara!! Yalla, yalla!!

Previous