Miscellaneous C-130 Photos

090401-F-9999H-834.jpg
Contractors load the remains of a C-130A (serial required) onto a truck for removal from the end of the flightline at Homestead ARB on April 1, 2009. What was left of the wings was sawed off, and the 56,000-pound hulk will be driven to recycling plant where the aluminium will be smelted down and reused. The C-130 remains have long been a fixture on base. It was damaged beyond repair during Hurricane Andrew in 1992, and was subsequently used for training by the 70th Aerial Port Squadron for many years. The aircraft was one of Lockheed Martin's original C-130 "A" models produced in 1956. [USAF photo by 2nd Lt. Erik Hofmeyer]

Comments

No comments yet.

  •  

Link this photo

  • Use in a forum post
  • Use to link from other websites