TFX Thread

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
  • Author

Scorpion1alpha

F-16.net Moderator

F-16.net Moderator

Unread post19 Sep 2022, 13:12

TAI To Roll Out Turkish Fighter in 2023:

...on March 18, 2023 several debut or appearance flights staged by Turkish Aerospace (TAI) will take place, marking the 108th year since the Çanakkale Victory, when Ottoman forces repelled British and French naval forces during World War I's Gallipoli campaign. Perhaps most notably, TAI plans on that day to roll out the TF-X fifth-generation stealth air superiority fighter under development in partnership with BAE Systems.

I'm watching...

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post20 Sep 2022, 02:18

Sounds pretty vague....I assume they mean a working prototype of the TFX?

milosh

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post23 Sep 2022, 08:24

How much of central fuselage for F-35 is made by TIA?

https://i0.wp.com/dsm.forecastinternati ... C576&ssl=1

Do Turks make whole to be more precise composites from which it is made or not?

jessmo112

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post21 Nov 2022, 04:40

FLxYRSlWUAEaaea.jpeg

The banner also revealed some design specifications of the aircraft. The TF-X has a wing span of 16 meters, a length of 21 meters, and a height of six meters. The plane will have a maximum speed of 1.8 Mach and a service ceiling of 55,000 feet.

Turkey’s future National Combat Aircraft, TF-X, is expected to make its first flight in the next three years, and the prototype will be ready by 2023. Turkey has already been attracting customers by displaying mock-ups in Air Show exhibitions.

https://eurasiantimes.com/edited-turkey ... -pakistan/

Edit
Sorry guys I'm a bit late on this one. I would like to know what engines is being used.
Attachments
Pakistan-Project-Azm.jpg

linkomart

Unread post21 Nov 2022, 07:40

jessmo112 wrote:

Edit
Sorry guys I'm a bit late on this one. I would like to know what engines is being used.

F110 seems to be the engine

mixelflick

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

Unread post21 Nov 2022, 17:45

Considering this and the South Korean equivalent, the F-22 looks to have been a very successful "base" stealth airframe. The fact they're trying to build a domestic stealth fighter says a lot IMO, about Russia's future tactical aviation. They're not counting on the Checkmate being available anytime soon, so they're going in another direction.

Probably better for them, but this is a real longshot IMO.

milosh

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post22 Nov 2022, 16:46

mixelflick wrote:Considering this and the South Korean equivalent, the F-22 looks to have been a very successful "base" stealth airframe. The fact they're trying to build a domestic stealth fighter says a lot IMO, about Russia's future tactical aviation. They're not counting on the Checkmate being available anytime soon, so they're going in another direction.

New Su-57 facility is compatible with Su-75 which indicate they do plan to make Su-75 in fact it would be stupid not build.

In Ukraine they saw powerful Flankers are just big targets for modern SAMs and to be able to operate them safe over enemy battlefield would require huge investment in SEAD and still it is questionable.

On other hand something like Su-75 even done with low stealth criterium is far more survivable in such scenario then even best of Flankers.

Btw they do have big advantage over Turks, they have engine and sensors, Turks don't have either. It isn't simple to sell TFX when you are dependent on western engines, Erdogan isn't in good relations with west so buyer of TFX would think a lot will it have needed support.

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post23 Nov 2022, 02:36

milosh wrote:
mixelflick wrote:Considering this and the South Korean equivalent, the F-22 looks to have been a very successful "base" stealth airframe. The fact they're trying to build a domestic stealth fighter says a lot IMO, about Russia's future tactical aviation. They're not counting on the Checkmate being available anytime soon, so they're going in another direction.

New Su-57 facility is compatible with Su-75 which indicate they do plan to make Su-75 in fact it would be stupid not build.

In Ukraine they saw powerful Flankers are just big targets for modern SAMs and to be able to operate them safe over enemy battlefield would require huge investment in SEAD and still it is questionable.

On other hand something like Su-75 even done with low stealth criterium is far more survivable in such scenario then even best of Flankers.

Btw they do have big advantage over Turks, they have engine and sensors, Turks don't have either. It isn't simple to sell TFX when you are dependent on western engines, Erdogan isn't in good relations with west so buyer of TFX would think a lot will it have needed support.

:doh:

We're never going to see a production Su-75.........

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post23 Nov 2022, 02:37

linkomart wrote:
jessmo112 wrote:

Edit

F110 seems to be the engine

Honestly, the model doesn't appear to be large enough to hold two F110's???? (at least to me)

madrat

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post23 Nov 2022, 13:57

They partner with Rolls Royce so probably an EJ200 spinoff.

milosh

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post23 Nov 2022, 16:30

Corsair1963 wrote:

Could be but I said if they are smart they will gave Su-75 priority. Btw they could go with Hi and Lo combo just with Su-75.

For example Su-75 with next gen engine and quality VLO as High and Su-75 with AL-41F1 and poor VLO as Low.

I really don't see how high version Su-75 would cost MORE then Su-57. Same materials, same sensors and same engine but only one and much lighter.

And if we look RCS, Su-75 is lot better then Su-57.

What I expect to happen is pushing Su-57 as vanity project to show to world how nothing can stop Russia even though Su-75 is what this war showed they need.

basher54321

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post25 Nov 2022, 00:16

TFX Proto production1 Nov  2022.jpg
TFX Nov 2022-1

TFX Proto production2 Nov  2022.jpg

TFX Proto production4Nov  2022.jpg

TFX Proto production13Nov  2022.jpg

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post25 Nov 2022, 05:51

milosh wrote:
Corsair1963 wrote:

Could be but I said if they are smart they will gave Su-75 priority. Btw they could go with Hi and Lo combo just with Su-75.

For example Su-75 with next gen engine and quality VLO as High and Su-75 with AL-41F1 and poor VLO as Low.

I really don't see how high version Su-75 would cost MORE then Su-57. Same materials, same sensors and same engine but only one and much lighter.

And if we look RCS, Su-75 is lot better then Su-57.

What I expect to happen is pushing Su-57 as vanity project to show to world how nothing can stop Russia even though Su-75 is what this war showed they need.

Russia doesn't have the resources to develop the Su-75. Nor, can they find a partner to co-develop it. Of course, with all of the other alternatives and Russia poor reputation who would want too.

mixelflick

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

Unread post25 Nov 2022, 17:47

I'll be surprised if they complete their planned SU-75 run, never mind prototype and launch serial production of a new type. Same production line, wing, engine etc. or not, the SU-75 would have to go through most of the same stuff the SU-57 did. Things like weapons fit/separation tests, flight envelope expansion and integration of new fly by wire systems. Max performance checks, air to air refueling validation and other stuff (stall/spin recovery minimums and maximums), engine flameout and re-start procedures etc.) - through its entire envelope. And that doesn't even begin to touch on airframe stress tests, avionics fit, RCS and other ground based work. There's just no spinning it - bringing the SU-75 to life would be an extremely time consuming process (even if you assume all the $/materials will be there). The infrastructure (and perhaps institutional know-how) just isn't there anymore. And the more capable they try to make it, the more likely it'll rely on western systems, electronic components etc..

20 years from now Russia will be flying more or less the same airframe (Flankers), which in most cases means they'll be out-classed - by anyone flying F-35's. And by then, the US 6th gen should be pretty well established....

talkitron

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post27 Nov 2022, 17:15

It will be interesting to see when foreign fighter sales move from Russia to China. Presumably Chinese quality is higher and Chinese avionics are much better.
PreviousNext

Return to Modern Military Aircraft