New Russian bomber design.

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
  • Author

jessmo112

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post04 Aug 2022, 22:52

This patent is floating around the web.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/2022/08/0 ... -surfaced/

Is it early to start talking AESA radar and wing loading?

Feel free to close this if it's posted already and this thread.

Bombs... :D :D
Attachments
Drawings-of-a-Russian-analog-of-the-B-2-Spirit-bomber-surfaced-2.jpg

daswp

Unread post05 Aug 2022, 02:08

LOL.

Good luck getting enough chips to make it work.

h-bomb

Unread post05 Aug 2022, 02:50

I suspect this is a hoax. Could you imagine NG patenting the B-2 design in 1980?

Here patent office here is a general out line of our super advance aircraft....

I was surprised at the massive amount of US chips Russia is using. I would not have been surprised by reverse engineers products to be honest.

hornetfinn

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

Unread post05 Aug 2022, 09:46

h-bomb wrote:I was surprised at the massive amount of US chips Russia is using. I would not have been surprised by reverse engineers products to be honest.

Not really that surprising as Russia can not produce more advanced chips itself and has to resort to imports from Western countries (USA, UK, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Germany, France etc). But they will now have much serious trouble getting any suitable chips that way. China might be able to help some with less advanced stuff but can't itself produce advanced components without Western help at least not in large quantities. Reverse engineering would require suitable technology and equipment to make a copy. Russia doesn't have those things and would be really hard pressed to reverse engineer say even something like iPhone 4 using only Russian components and technologies.

edpop

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post06 Aug 2022, 21:21

After seeing how some of their supposedly great planes performed in the Ukraine who cares what they are doing.
A lot of hype about nothing.
Vietnam veteran (70th Combat Engineer Battalion)(AnKhe & Pleiku) 1967
Retired from Chrysler Engineering

charlielima223

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post07 Aug 2022, 12:16

edpop wrote:After seeing how some of their supposedly great planes performed in the Ukraine who cares what they are doing.
A lot of hype about nothing.

I would say that their tactics (if any) aren't being properly developed or used. They clearly lack any kind of combined arms integration and modern precision weapons in any meaningful stock pile.

It funny to see all these fans of the Super-duper-uber Flanker have nothing to say now.

madrat

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

Unread post07 Aug 2022, 14:41

We knew Flankers were suspect after that poor exchange over Pakistan airspace by the Bison. The Flankers were powerless to intervene.

milosh

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

Unread post07 Aug 2022, 15:28

h-bomb wrote:I suspect this is a hoax. Could you imagine NG patenting the B-2 design in 1980?

Here patent office here is a general out line of our super advance aircraft....

Well design can't be much different from what we see, officials couple years ago debunked myth of hypersonic stealthy bomber, saying it is subsonic and only hypersonic would be weapons it can carry.

Tupolev said it is flying wing design, and because it will use big NK32/NK65 it was clear it only have two engines.

So general design is more less like they show in patent for intake.

mixelflick

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

• Warnings: 2

Unread post08 Aug 2022, 14:52

madrat wrote:We knew Flankers were suspect after that poor exchange over Pakistan airspace by the Bison. The Flankers were powerless to intervene.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the issue Pak F-16's/AMRAAM allowed the F-16's to out-stick SU-30MKI and it's BVR weapons?

To my recollection, AMRAAM's were fired at SU-30MKI's at great range and ultimately missed. However, the SU-30MKI's certainly were on the defensive, and could/did not return fire with their weapons.

Or are you referring to another engagement altogether? I do recall an Indian pilot/Mig-21 being downed, although its disputed which type of Pak fighter (F-16, JF-17 etc.) did so...

Return to Modern Military Aircraft