Fat Albert BuNo 170000

Feel free to discuss anything here - as long as it is C-130 related.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by zingeraviation » 18 Jun 2021, 21:13

Here is video of the Blue Angels' newest version of Fat Albert performing what could very well be a practice flight of the Fat Albert profile in the C-130J. I filmed this after the team flew a Thursday practice in Latrobe, PA and the Fat Albert crew flew this routine before departing off to points unknown (later believed to be Oceana because they returned to Latrobe an hour before sunset).

The crew is not yet qualified to fly the demo routine at airshows and from what I've heard the Blue Angels are taking a cautious approach with their new (to them) Fat Albert when it comes to flying the routine and maintenance schedules. They obviously do not want to run into a maintenance issue where Bert will be down for weeks or months during an airshow season.

by airframe » 01 Jul 2021, 03:17

[quote="zingeraviation"]Here is video of the Blue Angels' newest version of Fat Albert performing what could very well be a practice flight of the Fat Albert profile in the C-130J. I filmed this after the team flew a Thursday practice in Latrobe, PA and the Fat Albert crew flew this routine before departing off to points unknown (later believed to be Oceana because they returned to Latrobe an hour before sunset).

The crew is not yet qualified to fly the demo routine at airshows and from what I've heard the Blue Angels are taking a cautious approach with their new (to them) Fat Albert when it comes to flying the routine and maintenance schedules. They obviously do not want to run into a maintenance issue where Bert will be down for weeks or months during an airshow season.

Beautiful airplane without the underwing tanks, my Dad flew the C-130A on Okinawa at Naha AB in late 59 or 60,, the A model was a hot rod compared to the B as quoted by the lead of the 4 Horsemen. You can clearly see that a 130 flying display takes up a lot of real estate... my self, I can't wait to see the 130 back in the Blues airshow routine...