C-130 Nose at Rome/ Griffiss IAP New York.

Feel free to discuss anything here - as long as it is C-130 related.

by waffles » 29 Oct 2018, 22:55

Hi all,

I am a long time website lurker but finally signed up and have a query to kick things off with. I went past the former Griffiss AFB at Rome NY today, sat on the ramp outside the Premier Aviation hangers near the Mowhawk Technical College was an ex USAF C-130 nose. It looked like an A model in the 'old' green camouflage but was unmarked. It also seemed to have two extra metal sheets on the side of the nose. Any ideas of its identity?

I know the Rome ADC had 56-0525 at the Stockbridge test site upside down on the gantry, but last I heard the nose was still attached to the fuselage.

Thanks for the help
David

by hehe » 20 Nov 2018, 00:29

waffles wrote:Hi all,

I am a long time website lurker but finally signed up and have a query to kick things off with. I went past the former Griffiss AFB at Rome NY today, sat on the ramp outside the Premier Aviation hangers near the Mowhawk Technical College was an ex USAF C-130 nose. It looked like an A model in the 'old' green camouflage but was unmarked. It also seemed to have two extra metal sheets on the side of the nose. Any ideas of its identity?

I know the Rome ADC had 56-0525 at the Stockbridge test site upside down on the gantry, but last I heard the nose was still attached to the fuselage.

Thanks for the help
David

Can you get in contact with new owner of that hangar? I am curious what tail number this nose came from as well. I would assume it is fron the old stocjbridge facility since that plane has been taken apart and I can not findbimages of the nose section.

by waffles » 26 Nov 2018, 23:35

Hi, not sure who owns the hanger now. It's the large one next to the Mohawk Valley Tech School, opposite the entrance to the Air Force finance? compound. The nose is outside at the right end of this hanger.