Page 6 of 6

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 28 Oct 2018, 05:48
by geforcerfx

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 18 Dec 2018, 21:33
by zerion
V-280 Valor Anniversary Tour?

With its first year of flight tests finished, Bell just might take its V-280 Valor aircraft on tour. That’s how confident the company is in its new tiltrotor, the proposed high-speed replacement for thousands of Army UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters and Marine Corps UH-1Z Super Hueys...

https://breakingdefense.com/2018/12/bel ... sary-tour/



Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 11:16
by Corsair1963
Looks like half Osprey and half Blackhawk? Nonetheless, should be another war winner for the US! :devil:

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 14:29
by sferrin
Corsair1963 wrote:Looks like half Osprey and half Blackhawk? Nonetheless, should be another war winner for the US! :devil:


It's not a slam dunk yet. There is still the matter of it's competitor (if it ever flies).

defiant-hero_jpg_pc-adaptive_full_medium.jpg

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 18:53
by delta9991
I see a buy of both aircraft. SB-1 for attack and light variants of FVL, V-280 for medium/utility. Navy will probably also hop on converting an SB-1 variant for eventual MH-60 replacement. Both aircraft have their strengths and there has to be some competition for military helos. SB-1 definitely has some growing pains right now, but do we honestly think Sikorsky (aka Lockheed) can’t pull it off? I know where my money is...

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 19:13
by sferrin
delta9991 wrote:I see a buy of both aircraft. SB-1 for attack and light variants of FVL, V-280 for medium/utility. Navy will probably also hop on converting an SB-1 variant for eventual MH-60 replacement. Both aircraft have their strengths and there has to be some competition for military helos. SB-1 definitely has some growing pains right now, but do we honestly think Sikorsky (aka Lockheed) can’t pull it off? I know where my money is...


Oh, I know it'll fly. Just annoyed they are SO far behind Bell at the moment.

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 20 Dec 2018, 22:14
by sferrin
Anybody know of a picture with the V-22 and V-280 in formation? I can't find one but it seems like that would be high on Bell's marketing team list.

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 21 Dec 2018, 03:48
by Dragon029
Only photo I've seen with both in it is this one, which isn't terribly flattering (in terms of angles, lighting, distance, etc):

Image
https://i.imgur.com/SATVnfi.jpg

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 21 Dec 2018, 05:33
by element1loop
sferrin wrote:It's not a slam dunk yet. There is still the matter of it's competitor (if it ever flies).


Image
Image


Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 21 Dec 2018, 13:27
by sferrin
That's not the SB-1 Defiant. That's the Raider. Completely different aircraft.

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 25 Dec 2018, 00:30
by aaam
sferrin wrote:That's not the SB-1 Defiant. That's the Raider. Completely different aircraft.


...and the S-97 has been consistently late (even disregarding the crash which was not a fault of X2 technology itself) on meeting goals. I also suspect that in one year the V-280 has more flight hours than the S-97 has had in 3 1/2 years.

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 25 Dec 2018, 02:05
by citanon
aaam wrote:
sferrin wrote:That's not the SB-1 Defiant. That's the Raider. Completely different aircraft.


...and the S-97 has been consistently late (even disregarding the crash which was not a fault of X2 technology itself) on meeting goals. I also suspect that in one year the V-280 has more flight hours than the S-97 has had in 3 1/2 years.


The X2 is still a relatively new platform. V-280 has had the benefit of the V-22 experience. As long as Sikorsky solves the problems in time for the competition, the delays shouldn't be a problem.

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 25 Jan 2019, 01:28
by zerion

Re: Bell V-280 Valor

Unread postPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 05:15
by count_to_10

Looking pretty good for the Bell team at this point.