Mystery Plane - X-02 Wyvern

Experimental aircraft including -but not limited to- X-planes, from the Bell X-1 to the Su-47

by MechaTamaVII » 24 Jan 2005, 09:35

I thought they were working on a plane like that... where'd I hear that? I dunno. Oh well. That wing thing might just be a good idea if the wing only folded halfway in, that way the "Back" of the folding wing would become the "Front" of the high speed wing.

Also there's the advantage of being almost dead flat at high speed. the back butterfly wings flatten out to (obviously played the games).

I thought it looked considerably like the F22 Raptor. Oh, and since the folding wing changes direction, it couldn't have flaps making the front and back wing neccessary.

Hmmmm Well the main wings have no turning ability them selves, so the two lil sets would provide excellant turning ability, what I don't get is how is it a stealth aircraft? dont look very stealthy... and it is a stealth multirol in the game.

While were talking about Ace Combat 5 planes, how about the Falken? Odd, anyways from the looks of it, it doesnt look capable of flying, I cant find any pics, but, its got forward swept wings, almost nothing between the engines and an extra wing underneath, straight down... guess it can't land either? Im more inclined to think the X-02 is real, (morso than the Falken anyways) it actually looks like it could fly, oh, and if anyone finds a pic of the Falken, check out the cockpit.

Odd... Very odd

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cbale2000 » 03 Feb 2005, 02:56

I have Ace combat 5 and just recently got the Falken, If I find any pictures I'll post them. I am under the impression that the cockpit, insead of using windows uses cameras which explains why it only has a few holes in it.

Again, I'll try to find some pictures.
"Amist the blue skies, a link from the past to the future. The sheltering wings of the protecter..."

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by ram816 » 03 Feb 2005, 03:27

MechaTamaVII wrote:While were talking about Ace Combat 5 planes, how about the Falken? Odd, anyways from the looks of it, it doesnt look capable of flying, I cant find any pics, but, its got forward swept wings, almost nothing between the engines and an extra wing underneath, straight down... guess it can't land either? Im more inclined to think the X-02 is real, (morso than the Falken anyways) it actually looks like it could fly, oh, and if anyone finds a pic of the Falken, check out the cockpit.

Odd... Very odd

The "extra wing" is a large ventral fin that serves as a rudder, something that's been seen before. Ever heard of the Super Crusader? Plus there's the internally mounted armament, the forementioned "cameras" that are project the images captured on the screens in the cockpit

But then again neihter are real. It's more a creative assembly ideas an flights of fancy. It reminds me of something out of Macross Plus
but IMO, the Falken does seem like it would be Airworthy and possible to build... If you got the money....

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cbale2000 » 14 Feb 2005, 17:50

I finally found a picture of the Falken, it's not very good but it will have to do untill I find a better one.

Here is a link to the picture so you can see the actual picture size:
http://img53.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img53&image=kabe32l5ym.jpg
Attachments
kabe32l5ym.jpg
"Amist the blue skies, a link from the past to the future. The sheltering wings of the protecter..."

by Vic_ViperT301 » 16 Feb 2005, 00:21

Thats the Air Craft from Ace Combat4.

It looks like something from Macross Plus and Also the Yukakaze.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cbale2000 » 16 Feb 2005, 04:21

I found some other pictures of the Falken from game screenshots. Feel free to stare for a while. :D
Attachments
falken2.jpg
falkenall1.jpg
falkenall2.jpg
tls1.jpg
tls4.jpg

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cbale2000 » 09 Mar 2005, 23:56

Here are some more pics of the X-02 and the Falken. :D

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Knifeedge » 18 Sep 2005, 19:04

how did you get all that money for the falkens
"Nothing Else comes close."

by ACSheva » 18 Sep 2005, 20:56

The nose resembles a Flanker, along with the engine nozzles on the gray one. Very cool planes.

Shev

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Knifeedge » 18 Sep 2005, 21:57

Flanker as in Sukhoi? i don't think so.The front on the Falken is too skinny to be like an SU-27.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Knifeedge » 18 Sep 2005, 22:00

I dont know, i think the falken capable of flying, but if it was exactly like the one in the game,i dont think it would. it would be pretty hard to fly that thing with a big laser on the front.
Last edited by Knifeedge on 18 Sep 2005, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Knifeedge » 18 Sep 2005, 22:02

ACSheva wrote:The nose resembles a Flanker, along with the engine nozzles on the gray one. Very cool planes.

Shev
oh wait are you talking about the X-02? yeah, that looks like the nose of a flanker.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cbale2000 » 18 Sep 2005, 22:14

Actually, both planes are capable of flying. A few people recreated the X-02 and the Falken and both fly wonderfully. (Although the Falken did have a stall speed of about 220mph)

There is a website I found recently about the X-02 and has some information about it and how it works. The site dosn't appear to be quite finnished yet but take a look anyways. :wink:

http://www.geocities.com/x02_project/index.html

P.S. The same people who are working on this website are also working on a Falken site, I asked them to let me know when they get it up. :D

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Knifeedge » 19 Sep 2005, 20:45

That X-plane test was pretty cool. My Falken stalled at about 220. But my X-O2 stalled at 124. :?: :? surprised me.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Knifeedge » 19 Sep 2005, 20:48

cbale, you mind telling me how you got all the money for all those falkens? those things are like $826,000!!! (For all of you who haven't played the game, to put it in an anology, the falken price in the game is like the same as a B-2 in real life.)

PreviousNext