Northrop-Loral F-19A Specter

Experimental aircraft including -but not limited to- X-planes, from the Bell X-1 to the Su-47

by cutaway » 30 Mar 2010, 20:09

I know of "F-19A" models being released to the public to confuse communist spy rings during the 1980s, But is it possible this aircraft or somthing like it exists?. Its becouse the design from Monogram models is based on a design by Loral and is also more aircraft-like than the one made by Testors.

Wherever it is real or not, I believe the "F-19A Specter" would be a feasible design for an export air force/naval fighter aircraft that will offer a wide range of capabilities, even for todays technology.

The first image below is the concept by Loral Inc:

Not to forget the very similar beefed up variant of the time, Ideal as either a Mach 3+ capable interceptor/recon platform/strike bomber:

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by slicktry » 02 Apr 2010, 04:31

This concept might just work. I wonder if this would be under a code name, i.e. Aurora...

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by That_Engine_Guy » 02 Apr 2010, 06:43

What would it have for motors? J85s? The body is so thin in the middle of the wing that hardly anything would fit.

:2c: TEG
[Airplanes are] near perfect, all they lack is the ability to forgive.
— Richard Collins

F-16.net Moderator
F-16.net Moderator

by TC » 25 May 2010, 23:20

Subterfuge...Smoke & Mirrors...i.e., "Don't look at what's flying over Tonopah. Look at this model in the box." Get it? :P

The Lost Continent of Atlantis...The Loch Ness Monster...Elvis is indeed dead.

This never happened. It never will happen. The next fighter after the F-35 will very likely be an unmanned one. Some may not agree with the new aircraft revolution, but this is the direction in which we are headed.