Turkish Air Force launches Op. Olive Branch with 72 fighters

Discuss air warfare, doctrine, air forces, historic campaigns, etc.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by rheonomic » 28 Jan 2018, 21:36

"You could do that, but it would be wrong."

Banned

by mtrman » 28 Jan 2018, 21:40

XanderCrews wrote:
mtrman wrote:If you are not a *****, then go to the beginning of this thread and tell us what @xander_crews posted after a few news posts of @af_freak...

If you have little honor, do this and tell us!!!

I'm pretty sure I posted the US and turkey wouldn't go to war (unfortunately)

And that turkey would bomb civilians.

Doing great so far. Now stop calling out other's honor on the internet

You are still doing the same... You lie, I try to expose... You divert the topic to black political propaganda, I try to expose, then you blame me and airforces_freak by going political... Apart from all of these, you even don't hide your hatred by above sentence ("... go to war (unfortunately)...") and still talk about violating the rules....

It shows that you go crazy when somebody expose your lies and your real purpose...

@loke, I hope not a single civilian gets harmed. And you probably know that it is still possible unfortunately, even though a lot of effort is spent.

That being said, I can tell you that the progress of operation was slow for the last 5-6 days. Do you know why? Because the weather over the area was bad and densely clouded. And this prevented the gathering of precision intel by UAVs and also the precision strikes by LGBs. If Turkey hadn't care about civilian casualties, I can assure you that this anti-terror operation would have gone further without caring about precision intel and precision strikes.

Another very important topic is, we are still not immune to false news or false propaganda. Can somebody tell me how a whole building demolishes, but a few shoes stay intacted on the walls of it???

Below are just a few other examples:
http://www.ensonhaber.com/pkkpyds-black-propaganda.html

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by rheonomic » 28 Jan 2018, 23:04

We really should pull the B-61s out of Incirlik...

Banned

by airforces_freak » 29 Jan 2018, 01:54

rheonomic wrote:We really should pull the B-61s out of Incirlik...

Unofficially, the B-61's have been relocated to Romania at Turkey's request.
Officially, Neither Turkey nor NATO or the US officially comments on NATO's Nuclear Sharing Policy.

Unofficially, Turkey no longer relies on a US Nuclear deterrence as it has indicated that it has an alternative nuclear umbrella. The alternative is of Pakistani origin. The B-61's were tactical nukes wheres Pakistani nukes are Strategic nukes which have MIRV capability. Turkey is growing more assertive day by day due to its undeclared nuclear deterrence. One would note that Russia did not retaliate when Turkey shot down its aircraft even though NATO said this did not activate the alliances mutual defence commitments.

Officially, Turkey is a member of the NPT that supports nuclear disarmament.

Banned

by airforces_freak » 29 Jan 2018, 02:04

loke wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/afrin-turkey-invasion-syria-enclave-kurds-ypg-airstrike-war-civil-a8182266.html

Terrible, and very sad.

Also, I don't understand -- are the Turks not using PGMs? AFAIK there is no air defence to worry about. Furthermore, I thought Turkey had good intel gathering capabilities?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göktürk-1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göktürk-2

They also have Herons, and several domestically developed UAVs -- and of course their fighter jets have advanced recce pods in addition... and presumably they also have people on the ground!?

Nothing but propaganda. PsyOPs to pressure Turkey into withdrawing. These images have been debunked yet the PsyOps continues.

In any event 1 million civilians lost their lives during Operation Iraqi Freedom. The US "accidentally" bomb weddings and hospitals. No one says a thing. Civilian casualties are inevitable in any war.

Turkey has over 100 Male UAV's with COMINT/ELINT. On top of this it has Boeing 737 AEW&C MESA and 3 Intelligence Satellites.

Turkey is probably one of a handful of countries which has true network centricity and data fusion giving it real time situational awareness/analysis of multiple conflicts.

Below is just one of many Data Fusion bunkers operated by the Turkish Presidency throughout Turkey and Turkish bases abroad.

Last edited by airforces_freak on 29 Jan 2018, 03:42, edited 3 times in total.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 29 Jan 2018, 02:31

mtrman wrote:
XanderCrews wrote:
mtrman wrote:If you are not a *****, then go to the beginning of this thread and tell us what @xander_crews posted after a few news posts of @af_freak...

I'm pretty sure I posted the US and turkey wouldn't go to war (unfortunately)

And that turkey would bomb civilians.

Doing great so far. Now stop calling out other's honor on the internet

You are still doing the same... You lie, I try to expose... You divert the topic to black political propaganda, I try to expose, then you blame me and airforces_freak by going political... Apart from all of these, you even don't hide your hatred by above sentence ("... go to war (unfortunately)...") and still talk about violating the rules....

It shows that you go crazy when somebody expose your lies and your real purpose...

@loke, I hope not a single civilian gets harmed. And you probably know that it is still possible unfortunately, even though a lot of effort is spent.

That being said, I can tell you that the progress of operation was slow for the last 5-6 days. Do you know why? Because the weather over the area was bad and densely clouded. And this prevented the gathering of precision intel by UAVs and also the precision strikes by LGBs. If Turkey hadn't care about civilian casualties, I can assure you that this anti-terror operation would have gone further without caring about precision intel and precision strikes.

Another very important topic is, we are still not immune to false news or false propaganda. Can somebody tell me how a whole building demolishes, but a few shoes stay intacted on the walls of it???

Below are just a few other examples:
http://www.ensonhaber.com/pkkpyds-black-propaganda.html

Where did I lie? And "go crazy"? Am i typing in all caps with giant walls of text over an over again?

I'm trying to give you guys credit for bombing civilians. Take a compliment. If that's all you can do, be proud of yourselves.

And you and air forces freak need to compare notes because you deny civilians are being hit and he says they are and that' just natural and justified in fact since the U.S. does it.
Last edited by XanderCrews on 29 Jan 2018, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.
Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 29 Jan 2018, 02:35

airforces_freak wrote:

Civilian casualties are inevitable in any war.

So we agree civilians are being hit? It's not all propoganda?

Nothing is said when the US bombs civilians? What?

Pretty sure a lot is and was said when the US bombs civilians. Pretty sure.

I'm just wondering where all this Turkish competency came from. I've never seen any of it first hand and neither had my friends when we had to teach basics. Wish it was around sooner, would have made my job a lot easier.
Choose Crews

Banned

by airforces_freak » 29 Jan 2018, 03:22

XanderCrews wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:

Civilian casualties are inevitable in any war.

So we agree civilians are being hit? It's not all propoganda?

Nothing is said when the US bombs civilians? What?

Pretty sure a lot is and was said when the US bombs civilians. Pretty sure.

I'm just wondering where all this Turkish competency came from. I've never seen any of it first hand and neither had my friends when we had to teach basics. Wish it was around sooner, would have made my job a lot easier.

XanderCrews you have a special gift of distorting facts and statements to support your distorted narrative which leads me to believe that you have an intelligence background.

Firstly, let me highlight a small fact: there is a major difference between TARGETING civilians with specific intent and operational mistakes which result in accidental civilian deaths. The former is a war crime the later is an unfortunate product of war.

The Turkish Chief of the General Staff has stated in various press releases that the YPG is using civilians as human shields making their job very hard. They have reported finding kidnapped children chained to guns.

If you are looking for war crimes look no further than your allies: the YPG who uses child soldiers.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by rheonomic » 29 Jan 2018, 03:36

airforces_freak wrote:XanderCrews you have a special gift of distorting facts and statements to support your distorted narrative which leads me to believe that you have an intelligence background.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 29 Jan 2018, 03:42

airforces_freak wrote:
XanderCrews you have a special gift of distorting facts and statements to support your distorted narrative

I think I just got sucked into an irony vortex.

which leads me to believe that you have an intelligence background.

I would say that belief really demonstrates your critical thinking, and judgement.

Firstly, let me highlight a small fact: there is a major difference between TARGETING civilians with specific intent and operational mistakes which result in accidental civilian deaths. The former is a war crime the later is an unfortunate product of war.

but you also said:

The US "accidentally" bomb weddings and hospitals. No one says a thing. Civilian casualties are inevitable in any war.

so it looks like Turkey is "accidentally" doing the same thing now? Turkey is committing war crimes?

The Turkish Chief of the General Staff has stated in various press releases that the YPG is using civilians as human shields making their job very hard. They have reported finding kidnapped children chained to guns.

all these pictures of kids and you couldn't post one of these chained children? thats embarrassing.

If you are looking for war crimes look no further than your allies: the YPG who uses child soldiers.

My "allies?"
Last edited by XanderCrews on 29 Jan 2018, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
Choose Crews

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by rheonomic » 29 Jan 2018, 03:45

XanderCrews wrote:
which leads me to believe that you have an intelligence background.

I would say that belief really demonstrates your critical thinking, and judgement.

Space Shuttle Door Gunner, right?

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 29 Jan 2018, 03:46

rheonomic wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:XanderCrews you have a special gift of distorting facts and statements to support your distorted narrative which leads me to believe that you have an intelligence background.

Believe me I'm flattered. :mrgreen: With this kind of detective work, and sound mind and knowledge Airforcesfreak has demonstrated before on this very forum, only to be corrected and rebuked by SMEs on these forums...

You can just trust him. 100 percent LOL

I have a very simple formula i worked out. A coin is a 50/50 proposition. heads or tails. In order for me to take someone seriously, they must be right more often than the coin. Its a simple theory I know, but you would be shocked how many "experts" the coin beats. How many "experts" get it right less than half the time. Air Forces freak is often beaten by the coin
Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 29 Jan 2018, 03:48

rheonomic wrote:
Space Shuttle Door Gunner, right?

Ya gotta love how there are people in this thread that are accusing the US of deliberately massacring 1 million Iraqis, but say they are being discriminated against (anti Turk islamophobes) when people point out civilians are being hit by the Turkish military, even when some of them agree.

So the standard is: accusing the US of killing a million Iraqis? no problem, not anti american. being in a "de facto" war with the US? sure, why not?

but any implication that any civilians are being hit by the Turkish military is discrimination based on race and nationality?

And the people in this thread are surprised no one takes them seriously?
Choose Crews

Banned

by mtrman » 29 Jan 2018, 07:24

pmi wrote:
mtrman wrote:@pmi, are you a joke? Don't you read the previous posts and see who are diverting the Operational news and posts into the political black propaganda????

I also don't fully understand the some other threads initiated by @af_freak. But this thread is not one of them.

If you are not a *****, then go to the beginning of this thread and tell us what @xander_crews posted after a few news posts of @af_freak...

So instead of actually being part of the solution you would rather behave like a child & exacerbate the problem.

Grow up.

@pmi, you have blamed me for going political, but I was actually answering the black political propaganda of @xander and a few others. So I requested you to go to the beginning of the thread and see who is writing what. No need to read whole thread. Even after 6-7 posts, you could see who is writing what. Is it so hard to do that? At least you could kindly excuse for blaming the wrong person. But now you are saying I am not part of the solution.

Please don't get afraid to write what @xander is doing.

I think so many posts in this thread already show every writer's intentions. Any objective reader will decide herself/himself.

So let's only post operational news and technical aspects. Let's just ignore any attempt of diverting the topic into politics.

Banned

by airforces_freak » 29 Jan 2018, 11:22

Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) (Kongra-Gel):
aim(s): establish Kurdistan, which comprises territory in northern Syria

area(s) of operation: operational in the north combating ISIL, primarily in the Kurdish-populated region known as Rojava and Syrian Kurdistan; Salih MUSLIM Muhammad leads Kurdistan Workers Party's Syrian wing, the Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union Party (PYD); majority of fighters inside Syria are Syrian Kurds, along with Kurds from Iran, Turkey, and Iraq

The US Central Intelligence Agency also views the PYD as a terrorist organisation.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/sy.html

Turkey's NATO allies host Salih Muslim, a terrorist leader at their palaces in defiance of their own laws.

http://www.nrttv.com/en/Details.aspx?Jimare=14386

And then NATO/US complains that Turkey is being too critical. How would you feel if Turkey hosted Al-Bagdadi at the Presidential Palace?

PreviousNext