Turkish Air Force launches Op. Olive Branch with 72 fighters

Discuss air warfare, doctrine, air forces, historic campaigns, etc.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 5978
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post21 Jan 2018, 16:09

botsing wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:Nice way of showing your love then. Please hate us we don't need your love.

There you go again, as if you can speak for all Turks, which you cannot. You are just one guided propaganda channel that has nothing to do with "us" Turks.

According to you everybody should now hate all Turks just because you say so with twisted rethorics?


Mr freak is racist

People who see race in everything tend to be racist.

Everyone is racist and provocative. What a great formula that will surely lead to great things.
Choose Crews
Offline

memzey

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 12:10
  • Location: St. Albans (UK)

Unread post21 Jan 2018, 20:11

Anyway falcons seem to be performing extremely well in this operation. Does anyone have any information on the munitions being used by the TuAF?
Offline

mtrman

Banned

  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 14 May 2010, 08:20

Unread post21 Jan 2018, 21:11

Well, I also wonder. To be honest, our military is a bit shy on sharing such media and information. But it is safe to say mostly LGBs which were converted from dumb bombs by using indigenously developed kits.

There is also possibility of using some advanced ammo such as SOM and Popeye.

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=53594&p=386378#p386378
Offline

airforces_freak

Banned

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 03:26

Unread post21 Jan 2018, 23:42

XanderCrews wrote:
For someone so comfortable with your nation bombing kids, you sure are sensitive to people on the internet.


The real propaganda machine is you. Comments such as these clearly show that you have a problem with Turkey invading Syria and foiling US plans of establishing a Marxist-Leninist Communist Statelet whose leaders plan suicide bombings in Turkish cities killing innocent men woman and children.

The US shares no border with Syria or Iraq yet has been conducting bombing campaigns for the past few years in the name of fighting DAESH. Turkey has suffered from numerous terrorist acts killing thousands and the US expects Turkey to sit back and turn the other cheek? Like the US has interests Turkey also has interests and wont shy away from exerting its legitimate rights even it it means confronting superpowers.

P.S. Turkey has been using precision strike weapons so stop misleading people as though the Turkish Air Force is indiscriminately bombing civilians. You are talking as though you are the PKK terrorist spokesman.
Offline

airforces_freak

Banned

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 03:26

Unread post21 Jan 2018, 23:51

Weapons used in Operation Olive Branch by the Turkish Air Force:

TUBITAK KGK
Image

TUBITAK HGK
Image

ROKETSAN SOM-B1 (250+km SOM network enabled Cruise Missile)
Image

ROKETSAN MIZRAK
Image

TUBIKTAK NEB Bunker Buster
Image
Offline
User avatar

white_lightning35

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: 18 Sep 2016, 03:07
  • Location: Home of nuclear submarines, engines, and that's about it.

Unread post22 Jan 2018, 00:05

airforces_freak wrote:Turkish Jets destroy Menagh Military Airbase which is regularly used by US forces to supply the SDF/YPG: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2018 ... s-weapons/

Can we comfortably state that Turkey is now in a de facto war with the US?


I think you really don't want a real war against the U.S. Say goodbye to supreme leader erdogan if that's the case. I think people don't have a clue about the difference between what the U.S. is doing to some people in iraq and what would happen to turkey. It seems to become more like a caliphate everyday, so good riddance perhaps?

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, and erdogan gets bitch-slapped back into his place if needed. :mrgreen:
Offline

airforces_freak

Banned

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 03:26

Unread post22 Jan 2018, 00:40

white_lightning35 wrote:
airforces_freak wrote:Turkish Jets destroy Menagh Military Airbase which is regularly used by US forces to supply the SDF/YPG: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2018 ... s-weapons/

Can we comfortably state that Turkey is now in a de facto war with the US?


I think you really don't want a real war against the U.S. Say goodbye to supreme leader erdogan if that's the case. I think people don't have a clue about the difference between what the U.S. is doing to some people in iraq and what would happen to turkey. It seems to become more like a caliphate everyday, so good riddance perhaps?

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, and erdogan gets bitch-slapped back into his place if needed. :mrgreen:


Turkey and the US will never end up in an overt war just like Russia and China will never end up in an overt war with the US. Regional Powers engage in asymmetric warfare and proxy wars in order to safe guard their interests.

When I refer to a de facto war between the US and Turkey I am referring to the proxy war currently going on between US backed SDF and Turkish backed FSA on Syrian territory.

The Turkish leadership is not stupid to engage in any large scale over war as their primary objective is economic prosperity and growth. Turkey is also not going to engage in an overt fight with the US over a few rag heads in Northern Syria. Turkey and the US have had ties for 50 years and have been allied since the Korean War.

Turkey is also not a new State but a country whose history stretches back more than 700 years.

P.S. The West is too fixated on Erdogan but fail to realise that the entire Turkish State apparatus has changed in tune with Erdogan's foreign policy. 200,000 civil servants have been purged- the deep State has changed. And all this change has been supported by the Turkish people. Like it or not the West needs to accept this change and realise that Turkey is an independent Sovereign State.
Offline

airforces_freak

Banned

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 03:26

Unread post22 Jan 2018, 02:06

Operation Olive Branch moves to Manbij, Syria. Turkish PM makes public announcement that after Manbij, Turkey will move onto Kobane all the way to the Iraqi border. Once border is cleared of YPG/SDF elements Turkey has stated that it will hand over the liberated territory to the Syrian Arab Republic and maintain a buffer zone of 30km in Syrian Territory.

France calls UN Security Council for urgent meeting. Russia says it will veto any move on Turkey.

https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article ... st-aleppo/
Offline

madrat

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

  • Posts: 2290
  • Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 03:12

Unread post22 Jan 2018, 03:02

Put what he said in context. airforces_freak believes the Kurds are dhimmi, therefore inferior. We're seeing a repeat of the 1870s, where ethnic and religious miscreants are the villains. The solution, according to the self-legitimatised bigots, is extermination. It's been resurrected about every generation in modern times. And good old Europe turned a blind eye. The last few times the European leaders leaned on them to stop there were continent-wide wars, ignited each time with lunacy in the Balkans. The common thread was all to obvious, but we wouldn't want to be falsely accused of being racists so better look away... Hamidians are alive and well in 2018.
Offline

airforces_freak

Banned

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 03:26

Unread post22 Jan 2018, 03:41

madrat wrote:Put what he said in context. airforces_freak believes the Kurds are dhimmi, therefore inferior. We're seeing a repeat of the 1870s, where ethnic and religious miscreants are the villains. The solution, according to the self-legitimatised bigots, is extermination. It's been resurrected about every generation in modern times. And good old Europe turned a blind eye. The last few times the European leaders leaned on them to stop there were continent-wide wars, ignited each time with lunacy in the Balkans. The common thread was all to obvious, but we wouldn't want to be falsely accused of being racists so better look away... Hamidians are alive and well in 2018.


No matter how hard one tries to distort this war- this war cannot be labelled as a war based on religion or race.

Nor can it be described as a war waged on Kurdish minorities. This is a war waged against a particular marxist-leninist organisation whose objective is not to achieve a Kurdish homeland but rather to act as a political porn to encircle Turkey and destabalis the region.

It is a war against divide and conquer. It is a war against nation states aimed at diving the Middle East along ethnic and religious lines. It is a war seeking to preserve the unitary staes of Syria, Iraq and Turkey.
Offline
User avatar

white_lightning35

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 401
  • Joined: 18 Sep 2016, 03:07
  • Location: Home of nuclear submarines, engines, and that's about it.

Unread post22 Jan 2018, 04:32

airforces_freak wrote:

This is a war waged against a particular marxist-leninist organisation whose objective is not to achieve a Kurdish homeland but rather to act as a political porn to encircle Turkey


Oof. This is what happens when you type it too many times, folks. Autocorrect just doesn't let it go.

P.s. I think I've seen that one :pint:
Offline

airforces_freak

Banned

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 03:26

Unread post22 Jan 2018, 08:47

Turkey begins saturation bombing of anti-aircraft targets in Manbij and Afrin with Roketsan T-122 GPS Guided MLRS systems.

Offline
User avatar

neptune

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

  • Posts: 2885
  • Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 00:03
  • Location: Houston

Unread post23 Jan 2018, 10:48

mtrman wrote:Okay, this thread may not be fully compatible with this forum, since this is mostly a military&political event, not a specific military issue.

On the other hand, it is also disappointing how some people from western world trying to disinform the others and try to hide the solid facts...


One suspects the Arab Spring has breathed life into the Kurdish Emirates to reestablih the 1000 year old Kurdistan from the fumblings of the Brits and French. The defeat of the Ottomans has not led to successful, stable establishment of Iraq and Syria. The fear that economic success from the independent oil sales in Kurdish Iraq will infuse a wealth of investment in arms to defend their people and strive for independence. IMHO
:)
Offline

airforces_freak

Banned

  • Posts: 458
  • Joined: 15 Jun 2011, 03:26

Unread post23 Jan 2018, 11:10

neptune wrote:
mtrman wrote:Okay, this thread may not be fully compatible with this forum, since this is mostly a military&political event, not a specific military issue.

On the other hand, it is also disappointing how some people from western world trying to disinform the others and try to hide the solid facts...


One suspects the Arab Spring has breathed life into the Kurdish Emirates to reestablih the 1000 year old Kurdistan from the fumblings of the Brits and French. The defeat of the Ottomans has not led to successful, stable establishment of Iraq and Syria. The fear that economic success from the independent oil sales in Kurdish Iraq will infuse a wealth of investment in arms to defend their people and strive for independence. IMHO
:)


And how do they plan to get those arms in where they are landlocked between Iraq, Iran and Turkey? Also the last I checked Turkey bombed the US Arms supplied to the SDF.
Offline
User avatar

botsing

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 851
  • Joined: 05 Dec 2015, 18:09
  • Location: The Netherlands

Unread post23 Jan 2018, 11:51

mtrman wrote:@nut, you shameless liar... He is not talking about any war against any ally.


airforces_freak wrote:Can we comfortably state that Turkey is now in a de facto war with the US?



:roll:
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"
PreviousNext

Return to Air Power

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests