Russian 40N6 Missile Performance

Discuss air warfare, doctrine, air forces, historic campaigns, etc.
Banned

by arian » 08 Jun 2017, 00:10

sferrin wrote:
arian wrote:If that is 48N6, then the claims made about it on the internet are almost certainly total BS.

A track-via-missile guidance isn't going to work at 400km against aircraft.

Don't know if they made some changes to the guidance section, such as adding an active seeker, but they have done the flight tests to full range. That's according to a guy that goes by "SOC" on several boards, and studies Russian air defense systems for a living. I don't recall if it was cued and picked up the target at the end with an active seeker, like SM-6, or if a forward source simply provided illumination for the missile.

I am aware of the claims that it has been tested, but there's no more details than that. The engagement profile claimed on the internet for this thing, however, may be entirely fictitious.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 08 Jun 2017, 00:21

arian wrote:The engagement profile claimed on the internet for this thing, however, may be entirely fictitious.

Or may be entirely true. I'd trust SOC a HELL of a lot more than any MSM talking head/blogger. At this point I'd probably put it in the "party trick" category until we hear more. That is to say, they probably tested it as they claim, but have yet to create the overall network they'd need to actually use it.
"There I was. . ."

Banned

by arian » 09 Jun 2017, 00:37

sferrin wrote:
arian wrote:The engagement profile claimed on the internet for this thing, however, may be entirely fictitious.

Or may be entirely true. I'd trust SOC a HELL of a lot more than any MSM talking head/blogger. At this point I'd probably put it in the "party trick" category until we hear more. That is to say, they probably tested it as they claim, but have yet to create the overall network they'd need to actually use it.

I don't know if SOC knows anything more on this other than what the Russians themselves have said about the tests.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 09 Jun 2017, 13:06

arian wrote:
sferrin wrote:

I don't know if SOC knows anything more on this other than what the Russians themselves have said about the tests.

And you don't know that he doesn't. It's not like the 90s where the Russians are telling the public everything. Also, not everything in the Russian press makes it to HuffPo.
"There I was. . ."

Banned

by arian » 10 Jun 2017, 23:45

sferrin wrote:Also, not everything in the Russian press makes it to HuffPo.

You need to pull your head out of your a** and stop assuming that if someone disagrees with you they must be liberal snowflake Hillary supporter. This isn't Breitbart. What does Huffpo or "MSM" have to do with anything, other than your imagination that makes you think that all of us get our news from CNN?

You're becoming a caricature of yourself.

Previous