Russia providing Air Cover for Turkey in Al-Bab

Discuss air warfare, doctrine, air forces, historic campaigns, etc.
Banned

by airforces_freak » 28 Dec 2016, 02:13

Syria: Russian Air Force, Turkish Army Strat Cooperating in Al-Bab Anti-ISIL Operation
FARS News Agency
Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:55
http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13951006000800

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Russian Air Force started targeting ISIL's positions in the town of al-Bab to back up the Turkish Army and its militant allies for the first time since the start of the Euphrates Shield Operation in Northern Syria.

Massdar news quoted a military source in Kuweires airbase as saying that the Russian fighter jets of Su24 and Su34 bombed ISIL's positions in al-Bab Northeast of Aleppo for the first time following improvement of relations between Ankara and Moscow.

The Turkish army soldiers and Ankara-backed militant groups have pulled back forces from several positions in al-Bab and its surrounding areas.

Turkey's military said on Wednesday that four Turkish soldiers were killed in clashes near the ISIL-controlled town of al-Bab in Northern Syria.

Around 20 Turkish soldiers have been killed in the course of the "Euphrates Shield" operation, launched nearly four months ago, to push ISIL militants as well as Kurdish militants away from the border, the Daily Star reported.

Eleven soldiers were wounded, one of them critically, and were transported to hospital for treatment, the military said.

"Clashes continue in the area of al-Bab town hospital, which has for a long time been a weapons and ammunition store for the terrorists," the army said.

It said the area was closely protected by ISIL and was on the slope of a hill overlooking al-Bab.

Banned

by arian » 28 Dec 2016, 02:36

Thank you for your garbage dump of the day.

Banned

by airforces_freak » 28 Dec 2016, 02:48

arian wrote:Thank you for your garbage dump of the day.

You really need to get over your Armenian hatred of Turks. Seek help. OCD can manifest itself in other ways.

The Russian AF is cooperating with a NATO member States Army on the battle field. This is massive news.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 28 Dec 2016, 03:16

airforces_freak wrote:
arian wrote:Thank you for your garbage dump of the day.

You really need to get over your Armenian hatred of Turks. Seek help. OCD can manifest itself in other ways.

Says the guy who thinks everyone here is an "Islamophobe"

Speaking of OCD why do you feel the need to continually post here? Can't you pollute another forum?
Choose Crews

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by popcorn » 28 Dec 2016, 03:56

Hmmmmm...... :shock:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130 ... quad.shtml
Turkish Government Aims To Create 6000-Strong Social Media Propaganda Squad

In the recent demonstrations in Istanbul, the Turkish government may have had superior police and security forces on the streets, but one area where it lost the battle was on social networks, which anti-government protesters used adroitly to get their viewpoint out to the world. It seems the Turkish government has learned its lesson, and has decided to fight back according to this report in the Wall Street Journal:
The Justice and Development Party [AKP], led by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, is recruiting a 6,000-member social-media team to woo citizens and fight critics, party officials said.

The AKP is gradually bringing young, tech-savvy party members to Ankara to train them in classrooms to act as volunteer "social-media representatives."

The youth will be charged with sharing news and images, mainly on Twitter and Facebook, but also on Instagram and YouTube, that promote the party perspective and monitor online discussions, a party official said.
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by XanderCrews » 28 Dec 2016, 05:32

airforces_freak wrote:
So one person (Nutshell) has become everyone?

Your own words:

airforces_freak wrote:
The Islamophobic posts on this forum actually prove that Turkey was right in shifting East.

Suddenly nutshell represents all of the west I guess? Do you remember what you post? Or are you an obvious troll?

It's clear to me you are just starting crap
Choose Crews

Banned

by arian » 29 Dec 2016, 03:35

vilters wrote:I actually read your post.

Basically : YOU are saying that the Turk Air Force is unable to support their own ground troops, and need the Russians to do it for them..

Great news to post man. And you want to be taken serious?

See my post above yours for reference.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by geokav » 29 Dec 2016, 20:19

airforces_freak wrote:Do you think you will prevent me from engaging in this forum?

Its funny how there is a handful of repeat offenders here seeking to shutdown anyone that posts information or articles that does not conform with their own views.

No, of course not. No one is going to prevent you from posting to this forum, do you know why?
Because freedom of speech is a fundamental principle of the civilized world. Something that misses from your country and its new allies (and not only this...) :)
So, if the moderators were acting like Erdogan, you would probably be in Guantanamo now... (in a sarcastic way). :D
I'm sorry to say, but your propaganda junk, isn't believable even from kindergarten ages.., if you believe that someone here will believe all this, then i must agree with arian about your IQ.
Unless if you're being paid to post these kind of crap. That's something else, which it won't make me any surprise if it is true...
So..., what kind of manpad shot down your F16..? Stinger...? (this suits you?)

Banned

by arian » 29 Dec 2016, 23:51

geokav wrote:Unless if you're being paid to post these kind of crap. That's something else, which it won't make me any surprise if it is true...

He doesn't need to be paid. He's a 16 year old idiot troll. He truly is that dumb. You don't need to pay dumb people to do dumb things. See Turkey for reference.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by botsing » 30 Dec 2016, 00:08

arian wrote:He doesn't need to be paid. He's a 16 year old idiot troll. He truly is that dumb. You don't need to pay dumb people to do dumb things. See Turkey for reference.

I know Turkish academics and they are far from dumb. So lets not use this one bad example to generalize all Turkish people please.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by popcorn » 30 Dec 2016, 00:32

botsing wrote:
arian wrote:He doesn't need to be paid. He's a 16 year old idiot troll. He truly is that dumb. You don't need to pay dumb people to do dumb things. See Turkey for reference.

I know Turkish academics and they are far from dumb. So lets not use this one bad example to generalize all Turkish people please.

This.
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by durahawk » 30 Dec 2016, 01:29

popcorn wrote:
botsing wrote:

This.

Yep, in fact my favorite professor for my undergrad was a Turkish immigrant. Great guy.

Banned

by arian » 30 Dec 2016, 03:41

botsing wrote:

You've obviously never been to Turkey. There's a reason it's a third world basket case. And it's because of people like this.

Oh and, if you read carefully, I said nothing of the sort that you accused me of.

durahawk wrote:Yep, in fact my favorite professor for my undergrad was a Turkish immigrant. Great guy.

Did you ever think why these people are immigrants? Maybe they know something about living with people of the IQ of airforces_freak that you don't.

Banned

by arian » 30 Dec 2016, 03:47

PS: BTW this is why we have this idiot troll ruining this place for months now. People engage him seriously and talk to him as if he's an adult, instead of ridiculing him and talking to him in the language he understands.

You keep engaging this idiot seriously, and he'll keep spamming this place endlessly with his trash.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by botsing » 30 Dec 2016, 04:08

arian wrote:You've obviously never been to Turkey. There's a reason it's a third world basket case. And it's because of people like this.

Yes Turkey is full of dumbf*cks and nitwits, and so is the USA if you want to look in the right direction. I have been to both many times so don't preach me on that.

airforces_freak is a very irritating mote in my eye for a quite a while now, but I refuse to stack up all people in Turkey to that same low standard he set, I also refuse to play his polarizing games.

All I wanted to do was to make sure we do not generalize as much as airforces_freak does, we should not lower ourselves to his standards.
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

Next