Red Flag IMAX movie

Discuss air warfare, doctrine, air forces, historic campaigns, etc.
  • Author

earlheron

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post24 Apr 2005, 21:37

Yes, I'm with "mix," support the film!
Earl Heron
author "One Desert Jet Turner"
http://www.jjetspress.com/pub1.html

flanker_hater

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post25 Apr 2005, 02:58

I've seen this a couple times and laughed each time. I know some of the guys that were in that movie and they were all told what to say by the writers/producers. Seemed like a 45 minute propaganda movie to me, rather cheesy IMHO. I wish just once someone would make a well done and more importantly, ACCURATE USAF movie!

earlheron

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post25 Apr 2005, 12:18

I understand your review flanker_hater, but we should recognize them for highlighting the contributions of the support team. Of course we always welcome more movies, however if this one isn't well attended, more won't be made.

Seeing it twice is great support on your part, I just hope more people support the movie at least once.
Earl Heron
author "One Desert Jet Turner"
http://www.jjetspress.com/pub1.html

goatmilk

Unread post25 Apr 2005, 12:19

Haven't seen it yet. I wonder if the IMAX in Dublin Regal is showing it. Otherwise, I got to drive all the way to Sac. Is this the same Red Flag the Military Channel was/is premiering? I think it's called Red Flag: Thunder at Nellis. The preview on Discovery Channel had a BUFF carpet bombing a target.

Wender

Unread post25 Apr 2005, 15:24

I can watch but I got no sound because I'm at school. I don't understand, is this a movie or a documentary?
The sky's the limit!

trailmix

Unread post25 Apr 2005, 19:05

Gotta agree with flanker here. What I want to see is a movie with a lot of great flying, and details of pilots making it through... i think that starting with a group of 4 or 5 people, from different backgrounds going thru UPT, IFF, B-course... that would be AWESOME. Something like "eye of the viper" but with a little plot thrown in. The next great fighter pilot film will probably be something like that.
Squawk 1-2-0-0, resume own navigation~

goatmilk

Unread post25 Apr 2005, 20:30

Well, with all the movies coming out based on books (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter...etc etc etc), it's possible!! It'd be interesting to see how a plot can be thrown in without being infected by the Hollywood virus. Don't want to have to see Top Gun II or Iron Eagle V anytime soon. But hey, I'd watch a good documentary anyday over a cheesy flick. I was thinking more in the lines of a pseudo-reality... UPT Survivor or, better yet, America's Next Top Gun!! :doh: :pint:

PhillyGuy

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post15 Feb 2009, 05:31

View it on Hulu

Turn up the sound and enjoy.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

runi_dk

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post15 Feb 2009, 17:38

Damn, can't see it from outside USA.

Apparently this software should do the job if you are outside the states, http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/ but haven't tried it yet.

PhillyGuy

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post16 Feb 2009, 04:36

Here's a YouTube link for it, it's split up in parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxqTMVkfJkA
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

tbarlow

Unread post14 Feb 2010, 06:43

I just saw "Fighter Pilot" on IMAX at the USS Lexington. WOW!

For those who have not seen it, GO! The movie follows a USAF pilot at Red Flag. Some of the best camera work ever.

http://www.fighterpilotfilm.com/

geogen

Banned

Unread post26 Feb 2010, 10:57

Cool!

Fighter Pilot is hilarious, well worth the view - thanks tbarlow. Some absolutely incredible cinematography no question. But it was a gas to see 'Huey helos', Tornados, IDF F-16, F-117, A-10, B-1B all flying in formation at what, 100' and strafing/carpet bombing tanks, LOL! All they were missing were the tomahawk cruise missiles.

One has to admit though, it was one helluva coordinated attack - I'd hate to be the aggressors on that flight.

It would seem to be a good recruiting film, good to support Air power camp in general... and perhaps interesting, apparently being a Boeing sponsored Movie(??), good for keeping the mighty Eagle alive, relevant and kicking!
The Super-Viper has not yet begun to concede.

beepa

Unread post24 Mar 2010, 08:33

Geo. my god you haven't seen this before?...Sheet you gotta get out more...(soz no offence but most of what I've read of yours is clinical.).. good to see you with a smile!

irishlad

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post29 Apr 2011, 15:35

Watched it on youtube last night,have to say was really enjoyable and interesting!I would really love to see one centred around the F-22 a few years down the line!
:pint:

leumas

Unread post30 Apr 2011, 16:07

Is that the movie where they neglect to mention any non-Boeing plane until two-thirds of the way through the film? :roll:
PreviousNext

Return to Air Power