Super Hornet vs "tic tac"

Military aircraft - Post cold war aircraft, including for example B-2, Gripen, F-18E/F Super Hornet, Rafale, and Typhoon.
Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by loke » 04 Jun 2019, 20:53

In a major breakthrough in what could be the most fascinating story of our time, five U.S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet crewmen have recounted a number of incredibly strange encounters with unidentified flying objects off the East Coast of the United States. Two of the pilots went on the record. The surreal craft they encountered had performance that defies known propulsion and aerodynamic capabilities, and are described as looking like something akin to special effects you would have seen in a sci-fi movie circa the late 1980s. The pilots' accounts also point to a major sensor upgrade on their aircraft that made the presence of these craft even detectable at all.

What's even more important is that these events took place as recently as 2015, over a decade after the now famous Nimitz incident with the so-called 'Tic Tac' craft occurred. This is all coming to light—at least officially—just weeks after the U.S. Navy said it is changing its procedures for its service members reporting unexplained phenomenon in their operating environments.

The War Zone had recently published an in-depth expose about the Navy's procedural changes, a number of other revelations surrounding the Tic Tac incident, and more recent developments, that concluded that the phenomenon is indeed real. That hard to swallow fact has huge implications, regardless of the objects' origins.

According to Graves, Naval Aviators really began noticing the objects in their training areas after a major technological leap in air combat capability was fielded across much of the U.S. Navy's combat aircraft inventory. It's a technology that isn't detailed in the New York Times' report, but one we talk about here constantly at The War Zone—Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... -detection

What do people make of this?

The Drive has more on this, in a separate article:

But the Times' story doesn't mention that between 2014 and 2015, Graves and Accoin, and all the other personnel assigned to Carrier Air Wing One (CVW-1) and the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, as well as everyone else in the associated carrier strike group, or CSG, were taking part in series of particularly significant exercises. The carrier had only returned to the fleet after major four-year-long overhaul, also known as a Refueling and Complex Overhaul (RCOH), in August 2013. This process included installing various upgrades, such as systems associated with the latest operational iteration of the Navy's Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) and its embedded Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air (NIFC-CA) architecture.
This is a critical detail. When the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group encountered the Tic Tac in 2004, it was in the midst of the first ever CSG-level operations of the initial iteration of the CEC.

Still, it's hard to overstress just how opportune the conditions would have been for this particular CSG, or elements of it, equipped with the world's best air defense capabilities to be tested against exotic and high-performance flying craft.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... 4-incident

Of course this is one hypothesis -- that the objects were basically the product of a top secret (most likely US) military program, and employ technology far above and beyond anything that is known publicly today.

However another hypothesis could be that the SH AESA radar, at least at that time, had some bugs...

Regarding the FLIR videos, metabunk has done some analysis of those:

https://www.metabunk.org/nyt-gimbal-vid ... ect.t9333/

That's the issue with sensor fusion -- if you base the fused data on 2 channels that both are "buggy" you can easily see things that are not there...!

Another explanation can of course be that these are real aliens -- if that's the case then most likely they are illegal aliens, and probably from Latin America... ;)

So what do people think?

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by outlaw162 » 04 Jun 2019, 21:27

Klaatu, barada tic tac

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by madrat » 05 Jun 2019, 01:57

I'm skeptical about the tic tacs. Not one report indicated intelligent interaction.

by Fox1 » 05 Jun 2019, 04:32

Probably just swamp gas.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by outlaw162 » 05 Jun 2019, 21:28

I flew a number of years for the US Marshals JPATS....Justice Prisoner and ALIEN Transportation System. :shock:

The truth is out there.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by loke » 07 Jun 2019, 19:26

Tom definitely has one of the most fantastic tales you will ever hear as to how this all came to be. He has told the story numerous times with varying degrees of cohesion, hyperbole, and eyebrow-raising claims mixed in. But we have to stress, the nuts and bolts of his account have remained remarkably consistent over the years and we can now say, in a War Zone exclusive, that the narrative seed that anchors Tom's entire yarn is indeed factual.

This surrounds Tom's claim that an employee party at what we found out to be Lockheed's Skunk Works started it all. This chance opportunity evolved into high-level meetings with top officials from the world's premier bleeding-edge aerospace design firm and catapulted him into a purportedly clandestine world that would make any espionage thriller writer blush. This confirmation doesn't come from undisclosed sources, but directly from Skunk Works itself.

After the meetings at the Skunk Works, Tom claims to have met with top officials at NASA, the Air Force, the U.S. intelligence apparatus, and the highest rungs of U.S. politics, all of who worked cooperatively to provide him with a highly qualified team of deeply entrenched government insiders to help direct his efforts and to supply him with what can only be considered amazing information. That information would be doled out piece by tiny piece and the release of it to the public would be tightly controlled under strict terms.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/2 ... -operation

Since 2015, dozens of Navy F-18 fighter jets have encountered unidentified aerial phenomenon (UAPs) — once commonly referred to as UFOs — off the East Coast of the United States, some not far from the nation’s capital. Encounters have been reported by other military aircraft and civilian airliners elsewhere in the U.S. and abroad, too, including videos shot by airline passengers.
What these UAPs were and who was flying them — whether friends, foes or unknown forces — remains a mystery. Yet careful examination of the data inevitably leads to one possible, disturbing conclusion: A potential adversary of the United States has mastered technologies we do not yet understand to achieve capabilities we cannot yet match.
It is long past time for Congress to discover the answers to those questions and to share at least some of its conclusions with the public.

The U.S. government came a large step closer to confirming the reality of UAPs when the U.S. Navy acknowledged in late April that “there have been a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated airspace in recent years.”

But first, members of Congress and the public need to become familiar with the facts.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to gauge the overall level of UAP activity since military personnel rarely report their encounters for fear of damage to their careers. Even when reports are filed, the information generally is ignored because nobody “owns” the UAP issue and the various commands and agencies involved have not shared information on UAPs.
It remains to be seen whether the Navy’s new UAP reporting process will be emulated throughout our massive, almost feudal security apparatus in which the barons sometimes spend more time protecting bureaucratic turf from rivals than protecting U.S. territory from adversaries. Thus, any genuine solution to the UAP issue must address the issue of interagency coordination and collaboration.

The good news is that America already possesses vast sensor networks, ranging from the depths of the oceans to the harsh bleakness of space, capable of collecting the requisite information. All that Congress need do at this juncture is require the secretary of Defense and the director of national intelligence to review the UAP issue and deliver a report providing a comprehensive assessment. This report should include not only an estimate of the situation but a description of the structure and processes required to ensure effective collection and analysis going forward.

The Trump administration should be free to provide the report at whatever level of classification it deems appropriate. One entity with which I am involved — To the Stars Academy (TTSA), an organization of former U.S. intelligence and national security experts analyzing the UAP phenomenon — has placed notional legislative language on its website to facilitate this discussion. While some modest manpower costs might be incurred, the TTSA proposal does not require new Defense Department funding. It also averts the spectacle of public hearings and the attendant risk of injecting partisanship or grandstanding into the process.

Why should Congress act? In the first instance because it is Congress’s job to raise, organize and fund the military. It can hardly do so without being fully aware of the threats we face. Indeed, that is why we have a law requiring written notice to Congress of serious intelligence failures. Most Americans would no doubt agree that our inability to identify scores of mysterious aircraft repeatedly violating restricted U.S. military airspace in recent years is a shocking failure. But there is no need to wrangle over compliance with intelligence oversight laws. The Navy’s recent admissions regarding UAP intrusions provide more than adequate grounds for requiring a written report to Congress.

Perhaps we’ll learn that Russian President Vladimir Putin was not idly boasting when he bragged, more than a decade ago, that Russia’s “newest technical systems will be capable of destroying targets at an intercontinental distance with hypersonic speed and extreme maneuverability.” While it seems unlikely that Russia — or China — has pulled that far ahead of the U.S., there is no reason to leave this to chance. And while the Navy’s announcement seems to eliminate the prospect that these vehicles are secret U.S. military aircraft, perhaps we’ll find that Elon Musk has some amazing new toys.

It is not just that the UAPs that military pilots are encountering are strange — no paint, rivets, wings, antenna, safety lights, transponders or exhaust — but they sometimes are so fast and maneuverable that they defy our understanding of physics. For example, some of these vehicles appear to withstand forces of acceleration far greater than maximum design limits of any man-made aircraft. No wonder some military witnesses — often pilots who are scientists or engineers themselves — actually lean toward the hypothesis that they are not from this world. Like all good scientists, these pilots recognize that our theories must adjust to facts and new information, however daunting, not the other way around.
If our best minds were brought to bear to study the technology confronting us, much as the Japanese did in the 1850s when confronted by Admiral Perry’s fleet, then unprecedented technological breakthroughs could occur in short order. For example, the fact that these craft do not seem to produce exhaust yet fly vast distances at immense speeds could provide technical solutions to our energy crisis.

Some of America’s finest aviators and air defense personnel are trying to get our attention. They are not panicked — but they are right to be concerned. It seems clear the facts demand further action. In light of the facts, a mere report requirement seems a very modest response to potentially disturbing new national security information.

If UAPs turn out to be toys of Elon Musk’s making, we’ll all breathe a sigh of relief. If they are Russian, we’ll be glad we took action now rather than kicking the can down the road. If we learn that someone else’s more advanced version of our Voyager spacecraft has reached Earth, then this humble measure will forever transform our understanding of the universe and man’s place within it.

By any measure, the effort required to prepare a report for Congress seems to be a bargain.

Christopher Mellon served 20 years in the federal government and was deputy assistant Defense secretary for intelligence from 1999 to 2002, and for security and information operations from 1998 to 1999. From 2002 to 2004, he was minority staff director of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence under Sen. John Rockefeller IV (D-W.Va.). He is a national security affairs adviser for To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science and a consultant to HISTORY’s nonfiction series, “Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation,” which premieres May 31.

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-se ... hould-find

The plot thickens...!

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by outlaw162 » 07 Jun 2019, 22:43

"Take me to your leader.....No not him."

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 07 Jun 2019, 23:46

outlaw162 wrote:"Take me to your leader.....No not him."

Don't worry, we'd never take you to him. We're taking you to the God Emperor instead.

GloriousTrump.gif
GloriousTrump.gif (6.46 MiB) Viewed 54337 times
"There I was. . ."

by knowan » 08 Jun 2019, 20:10

sferrin wrote:
outlaw162 wrote:"Take me to your leader.....No not him."

Don't worry, we'd never take you to him. We're taking you to the God Emperor instead.

GloriousTrump.gif

That gif will never get old.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by vilters » 08 Jun 2019, 22:26

I feel Tweet-tweet-tweet's coming. :devil:

For Your Info?
When Aliens see that fox on his head, they will run for cover. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by F16VIPER » 10 Jun 2019, 07:14

I just do not get how such an interesting and important issue can be turned into a joke.
Please see and hear the interviews with the protagonists of the story.
Beyond that people can choose to shut their eyes to what has been happening.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 10 Jun 2019, 15:23

F16VIPER wrote:I just do not get how such an interesting and important issue can be turned into a joke.
Please see and hear the interviews with the protagonists of the story.
Beyond that people can choose to shut their eyes to what has been happening.

I think it's because most think it's a US program, and aren't too concerned about it. Then again. . .there seems to have been evidence that the giant sky-dong wasn't perpetrated by F-35s dog fighting. This was taken just before the "object" disappeared:

sky-dong.jpg
"There I was. . ."

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sprstdlyscottsmn » 10 Jun 2019, 16:09

I've twice seen things in the sky I still can't identify. A Reaper pilot buddy of mine captured something on the FLIR they were never able to identify. We may never know what these things were.
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
-PFD Systems Engineer
-PATRIOT Systems Engineer

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by loke » 11 Jun 2019, 21:07

sprstdlyscottsmn wrote:I've twice seen things in the sky I still can't identify. A Reaper pilot buddy of mine captured something on the FLIR they were never able to identify. We may never know what these things were.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US101 ... cezar+pais

https://patents.google.com/patent/US201 ... cezar+pais

I have no idea what this means -- could be a crackpot that paid for these applications himself and just decided on a whim to assign these to the USN -- or could this be for real...? Is it a coincidence that these are USN patents, and that those UFOs have so far been observed during USN training exercises and not during USAF or USMC exercises...?

Do we have any experts on very advanced physics on this forum, who could comment on these patent applications...? this is way above and beyond the physics I learned... (and I forgot most of it in any case...)

On another note: any experts on patents present? As far as I can tell it seems the first one was actually granted in 2018 and is not an application anymore but a granted patent!?

Does the USN really have a classified program on this? If yes then it seems to me they are about to go public...

by knowan » 11 Jun 2019, 22:20

loke wrote:
sprstdlyscottsmn wrote:I've twice seen things in the sky I still can't identify. A Reaper pilot buddy of mine captured something on the FLIR they were never able to identify. We may never know what these things were.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US101 ... cezar+pais

I have no idea what this means -- could be a crackpot that paid for these applications himself and just decided on a whim to assign these to the USN -- or could this be for real...? Is it a coincidence that these are USN patents, and that those UFOs have so far been observed during USN training exercises and not during USAF or USMC exercises...?

Do we have any experts on very advanced physics on this forum, who could comment on these patent applications...? this is way above and beyond the physics I learned... (and I forgot most of it in any case...)

On another note: any experts on patents present? As far as I can tell it seems the first one was actually granted in 2018 and is not an application anymore but a granted patent!?

Does the USN really have a classified program on this? If yes then it seems to me they are about to go public...

The patents are certainly nonsense.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/02/i ... world.html

Next